Sourdough Porridge with Bee Pollen
Even though cooking and baking with the sourdough seem to be and complicated, it is easy and fun and everyone can do it at home. All you need is flour, water and some patience. that is why this Sourdough Porridge is so rewarding and tasty.
Sourdough Porridge – start ahead of time
In order to prepare the sourdough starter, you are gonna need 80g of Mungoswells organic flour (rye kind ferments the best), 20g of Bee Pollen and 100g of water. Keep it in a warm place and feed every 24h for 2 days with the same amount of ingredients.
Once You have to manage to start a culture, like with any pet, you have to feed it, which means You will have sometimes too much of it and this recipe is the perfect solution to too much starter.
Not only is it healthy and tasty it is also super easy to make.
Ingredients for porridge:
- One cup of your bee pollen porridge
- A handful of oats
- 1 spoonful of peanut butter
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 spoonful of either fresh or ground ginger
- pinch of salt to balance the flavours
- halved banana
- few slices of peach
- 1 spoonful of our delicious honey.
- Firstly in a small pot roast oats until golden brown
- Add milk, starter and spices and peanut butter.
- Cook slowly and stir.
- in a mean time heat up non stick pan and grill the banana and peaches on both sides until golden brown.
- Finally, enjoy while warm with friends and family.