Bee Pollen Sourdough Bread – great family loaf.
Try this easy Bee Pollen Sourdough Bread recipe. This amazing bread was made with a mix of Mungoswells organic white and rye flour. We have added Bee Pollen and raisins and, proven it for 12h. For the extra crispy crust, we have baked it in cast iron pot for an hour and a half at 160 C. Due to the steamy environment bread is crunchy and very aromatic.
Bee Pollen Sourdough Bread – try our favourite.
We love this bread for its crusty crust 😀 and slight sweetness from raisins. If it had a chance to go stale it would have made a great French toast but so far it has never happened 😉 It seems like everytime we make it, it is all gone in no time. In addition, we love grilling this bread with some blue cheese and Acacia honey.
Here is the recipe.
1/2 cup of Raisins
1/4 cup of Bee Pollen
Scant Tbsp. Salt
1. Mix sourdough starter, flour, and salt together.
2. Knead dough for 15 min.
3. Transfer to a bowl, cover and let it rise in warm place for 12 h.
4. Shape the dough into a loaf. Second proofing period is not required.
5. Slice an X shape in the top of the loaf with a very sharp knife or razor blade. Bake in 160C in cast iron pot with a cover on for 45min. After time has passed remove the cover and bake until internal temp reaches 98C.
6. We strongly recommend not to slice it until fully cooled down but as we know from our own experience it is probably impossible to resist.