Sourdough Crackers – great match.
These sourdough crackers make an amazing snack, especially with Sunflower, Linden or Buckwheat raw honey. Furthermore, you can match them with some nice cheese or just use as a healthy snack. We love how nutty and seedy it is. Hmm so crunchy 😀
Sourdough Crackers – robust dough.
Because this dough is strong and robust You can freeze it after it has proved overnight and defrost 1-2 hours before rolling out and baking. So you can make it in bulk and enjoy it anytime you want. #healthysnackanytime
1 1/2 cups fresh Wheat flour sourdough Starter
3/4 tsp. Sea Salt
1 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
1 tsp. Peppercorns, coarsely cracked
6 Tbsp. melted Coconut Oil or any similar fat
1 1/2 cups organic Whole Wheat Flour
Use organic and locally produced flours rather than commercial brands! It contains even 80% more nutrients.
1. Firstly place the sourdough starter in a medium bowl. Stir in salt and rosemary, crushed peppercorns, and oil until thoroughly blended.
2. Another step is to sift whole wheat flour and mix well, using clean hands.
3. Knead the dough briefly right into the bowl. Cover and proof for 8 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 175°C.
5. Divide dough into three sections and Roll out each portion as thin as possible on parchment paper.
6. Score the dough into 5 cm squares, using a rolling pizza cutter or kitchen ring or a sharp knife and prick each square with the tines of a fork to keep the dough from puffing up as it bakes. Sprinkle the dough with additional sea salt and pepper, if desired, pressing it lightly into the dough with the palm of your hand.
7. Slide the parchment paper onto a baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, checking frequently after 10 minutes to make sure crackers are not getting too brown. Crackers should be a nice golden brown, not dark brown, and thoroughly dry to the touch.
8. Finally, cool on a rack. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for a week or freeze for longer storage.